1. Have the General Conference Ensign at my place at the table. When I eat breakfast, ask Ivan to read a column. Have a pencil and highlighter, just in case I want it marked or want to jot a note.
2. Take an old set of scriptures and cut out a page where I am reading (currently, it is the Book of Mormon) Put the page in my briefcase and pull it out if I had a spare moment--and definitely at lunch. Read a minimum of a verse a day from this page. Get a new page when finished.
3. Have a small hardback copy of the Book of Mormon upstairs where I change clothes after school. Include a yellow marker, pencil, and composition notebook in the stack. Before I change clothes, read one column and jot a note in the composition book.
4. Later when I start my work on the computer, first go to LDS.org and read the next column of scripture. Jump to Mormon.org and watch one vignette. Jot a note on my blog when any thoughts come. Let these, over time, squeeze the time from the other electronic sites I visit.
5. Have my quad at my bedside stand and read one column when I crawl into bed. Have a pen and composition notebook there also in case any thoughts come.
Repeat the brief exposures each day.
The first goal is not a huge amount of reading, nor deep immersion, though I wouldn't fight it if it came. The goal is to experiment and see if frequent exposure gets me past the slump I perpetually slide into--and keeps me out of the slump after I've pulled myself out.
No comments:
Post a Comment